Finance Controller / Financial Products Manager
Frontier market procurement of medical equipment is broken. The numbers illustrate this market failure. Low- and middle-income markets around the world represent a significant and rapidly growing medical equipment market – over $130 billion dollars, growing at 6% per year. Yet only 13% of medical equipment manufacturers have any presence in these markets. The result: healthcare providers are left with unmet demand for the tools they need to deliver quality healthcare to more than 5.8 billion people.
VIA is closing the gap between unmet demand in emerging economies and the medical device suppliers needing to reach global markets. By enabling access to the products that enable quality healthcare, we have opened new opportunities for suppliers, while bringing critical, high-quality care to the world’s developing economies. To date, we have touched the lives of over 5 million people in 78 countries, solving for access inequities around the globe, and are changing how medical equipment is purchased.
Why your role matters:
VIA is seeking a Financial Controller to ensure the quality of financial transactions and reporting, develop our financial well-being, play a leading role in financial decision-making, and guide financial product development and oversight. The person in this role will have three key responsibilities within the organization:
1. Financial strategy
- Develop a deep understanding of the business model to ensure that the financing needs of the business are well understood by the leadership team
- Develop a clear and actionable strategic financial model
- Pro-actively seek out ways to mitigate the cashflow uncertainty that goes hand in hand with operating in African markets with funding from various sources
- Support regular Board and investor updates
2. Financial operations
- Implement finance and accounting policies and procedures, strengthening accounting operations, and the management of our company’s internal controls
- Provide senior management with strategic financial input and oversee the overall accounting processes
- Assist with local company registration (Kenya), and ensure tax and compliance requirements
- Develop and forecast budgets under the direction of CEO and senior leadership team
- Ensure prompt and accurate month-end and year-end close processes.
- Including Preparing timely financial statements
- Reporting variances
- Overseeing accounting operations such as accounts payable, accounts receivable, and general ledger entries
- Ensuring compliance with company and statutory requirements
3. Oversight and management of specific financial products we are developing to provide trade financing support to our customers.
- Manage revolving credit fund
- Oversee payment schedules and repayment rates
- Establish and monitor controls and compliance requirements
- Working with internal and external collaborators to develop risk assessments and processes to ensure the sustainable long-term health of our credit operations.
What we’re looking for:
Experience: Degree in accounting, business, or finance. 5-10 years financial management work experience in a commercial setting. Proficient with QuickBooks and CRMs (Hubspot).
Preferred: CPA or Certified Management Accountant
How to Apply
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Select the button, “Apply here” and fill out the form. Make sure you attach your resume, and give a short (max. 250 words) statement explaining why you think you would be a good fit for VIA and this role.
Salary and title commensurate with experience, with an opportunity to grow as we continue to gain traction in the market. The ideal team member is exceptionally organized and detail-oriented, has a passion for solving complex problems with others, enjoys traveling off the beaten path (literally and metaphorically), is customer focused and data-driven, and passionate about having a global impact.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.