The Arktek PVSD can hold vaccines between 0℃ and 10℃ for over a month using only a single load of ice at hot zone temperature environment of 43℃/25℃. It can handle rough roads and harsh environments.
Designed to work easily with typical replenishment cycles. The Arktek PVSD provides capacity to serve a community of up to 6,000 (at 250cc per fully immunized child). The Arktek can be used in cold chain distribution of vaccines.
The Arktek PVSD is equipped with temperature sensors and onboard electronics that will alert the user if the interior goes below the safe temperature range. The AAA battery required to power the LCD screen does not ship with the device.
- External Dimensions (OD*H): 52.8 x 74.7 cm
- Internal Dimensions (OD*H): 31.1 x 33.2 cm
- Weight (Empty): 22kg
- Weight (Full): 39.5kg
- Net Weight: 26.5kg
- Vaccine Storage Dimensions: 28.3 x 9.8 x 28.5 cm
- Vaccine Storage Volume: 5.4 L
- Internal Lining Material: Aluminum Alloy
- Insulation Materials: Dewar
- Type of Coolant Packs required: Water Packs
- Vaccine Storage Temperature: 0℃ to 10℃
- Hold time: 35 days at 43℃ / 25℃ ambient temperature
- Ice blocks (8x)
- Vaccine containers (5x big/tall, 6x small/short)
Optional Accessories & Add-ons
Product Documents, Manuals & Brochures
Vaccine Stacks User Manual
ISO 9001 Certificate
How many vaccines can the Arktek hold?
There are 3 vaccine stacks in the device. One middle stack (consisting of three large cups) and two side stacks (consisting of three small cups and one large cup).
Each big cup can load 8 ampules (2ml), 28 common vials (4ml) and 8 wide vials (8ml). Each small cup can load 4 ampules (2ml), 14 common vials (4ml) and 4 wide vials (8ml).
Does the Arktek work for COVID-19 vaccine storage?
The Arktek temperature range is between 0°C to 10°C for 35 days. Here is how this aligns with the current COVID-19 vaccines on the market:
- Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine
- “Before mixing, the vaccine may be stored in the refrigerator between 2°C and 8°C (36°F and 46°F) for up to 120 hours (5 days). After 120 hours (5 days), remove any remaining vials from the refrigerator and discard following the manufacturer’s and your jurisdiction’s guidance on proper disposal.”
- Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine
- “Vaccine vials may be stored in the refrigerator between 2°C and 8°C (36°F and 46°F) for up to 30 days before vials are punctured. After 30 days, remove any remaining vials from the refrigerator and discard following manufacturer and jurisdiction guidance on proper disposal.”
- AstraZeneca COVID-10 Vaccine (Pending Authorization)
- “The vaccine can be stored, transported and handled at normal refrigerated conditions (2-8 degrees Celsius/ 36-46 degrees Fahrenheit) for at least six months and administered within existing healthcare settings.”
- COVAXIN from Bharat Biotech – India
“COVAXIN has been granted approval for emergency restricted use in India by DCGI-CDSCO on Jan 03, 2021.”
“It is a vaccine with no sub-zero storage, no reconstitution requirement, and ready to use liquid presentation in multi-dose vials, stable at 2-8°C.”
- “The vaccine technology we’ve used can remain stable for two years at -4° F, and at least three months at 35-46° F, which is about the temperature of your home refrigerator. It may be stable for even longer at refrigerator temperatures, and we are actively collecting stability data now to see how long we can go. We believe this stability will help make it easier to transport and distribute our COVID-19 vaccine candidate without the need for shipping at special temperatures.”
Studies & Trials
- 1x Arktek PVSD
- 11x Vaccine containers (5 big, 6 small)
- 8x Ice blocks (one full set)
Free warranty coverage does not include the following cases:
Damage caused by improper use or improper maintenance.
Damage caused by attempted repairs done by a non-designated repair department.
Damage caused by force majeure.
Damage occurring after the warranty period has expired.