Do more, faster. Conventional orthopedic saws are expensive and one saw is not enough as it takes time to clean and sterilize instruments between cases. With the SawCover System Starter Kit, multiple SawCovers allow a busy hospital to perform back-to-back surgeries with a single saw by loading the saw into a new fully sealed, liquid and pathogen proof, sterile cover.
This orthopedic saw kit is designed to be highly ergonomic and easy to use. It is battery-powered, with 1 rechargeable Li-ion battery included, and has a fully sealed liquid and pathogen proof sterile barrier. This saw uses the highest quality saw blades available.
The SawCover System Starter Kit features a robust and powerful oscillating saw with a custom-fitted ergonomic pistol-grip handle with auto-off trigger. The saw speed range is 5,000 – 20,000 oscillations per minute. The included Textile Guard prevents premature wear of the SawCover.
- Type: Cordless, oscillating saw
- Weight: 1.1kg (2.4lbs)
- Speed: Variable at 5,000 – 20,000 oscillations per minute (OPM)
- Ergonomics: Custom-fitted ergonomic pistol-grip handle with auto-off trigger
- Sterilization: None required
Linen & Hardware Specifications
- Material: Level 4 ANSI/AAMI PB870 barrier performance against fluid penetration
- Lifetime: Replacement after 75 use cycles
- Hex (Allen) Key size: 5 mm
- Thumbscrew and Hex Key Materials: Surgical grade stainless steel
- Sterilization: Steam autoclave only
- Battery: 12V 2Ah rechargeable Lithium-ion battery
- Battery Life: 25 min of continuous running
- Battery Charge Time: 1 hour
- Charger Voltage & Plug Type: 120V, Plug Type A or or 240V, Plug Type C or G
- SawCover System Linen and Hardware which includes:
- Linen (1x)
- Textile Guard (1x)
- Thumbscrew (1x)
- Allen (Hex) Key (1x)
- Variety Pack of 5 Osteotomy Blades (1x BLD-201, 2x BLD-202, 2x BLD-203)
- Variety Pack of 5 Total Knee Arthroplasty Blades (3x BLD-305 and 2x BLD-506)
Optional Accessories & Add-ons
- Additional SawCover System Linen and Hardware
- Additional Variety Pack of 5 Osteotomy Blades (1x BLD-201, 2x BLD-202, 2x BLD-203)
- Additional Variety Pack of 5 Total Knee Arthroplasty Blades (3x BLD-305 and 2x BLD-506)
- Pack of 5 Osteotomy Blades – BLD-201
- Pack of 5 Osteotomy Blades – BLD-202
- Pack of 5 Osteotomy Blades – BLD-203
- Pack of 5 Total Knee Arthroplasty Blades – BLD-305
- Pack of 5 Total Knee Arthroplasty Blades – BLD-306
- Pack of 5 Total Knee Arthroplasty Blades – BLD-506
Product Documents, Manuals & Brochures
ISO 13485 Certificate
Health Canada Certificate
What is your saw blade quality? How do your saw blades compare to others?
All our products are designed and manufactured with the highest standards in mind. That is why we have chosen to work with the leading saw blade manufacturers in the US and in Germany.
How many saw blades do I need to buy?
Saw blades are available in packages of 5.
While saw blades can be reused, the sharpness of the blade will depend on the type and duration of procedures for which it was previously used. Therefore, we recommend having a new blade available to use for each surgery.
- 1x Oscillating Saw with custom pistol grip
- 1x Rechargeable Li-ion Battery
- 1x Battery Charger (Plug types A, C and G available)
- 1x SawCover Linen + 1x SawCover Textile Guard
- 1x Thumbscrew
- 1x Allen Key
- 1x Variety Pack of 5 Osteotomy Blades (1x BLD-201, 2x BLD-202, 2x BLD-203)
- 1x Variety Pack of 5 Total Knee Arthroplasty Blades (3x BLD-305 and 2x BLD-506)
SawCover Power Tool: Two (2) years from the original purchase date.
Linen: 90 days from original purchase date.
Thumbscrew: Two (2) years from the original purchase date.
SawCover System Textile Guard: Two (2) years from the original purchase date.
Please see Product Resources box for a downloadable copy of Arbutus Medical warranty information.
“We had a very successful mission. 14 joint replacements and 1 pelvic/acetabular trauma case. We did that in 5 operative days. The tools worked exceptionally well and we were very pleased. Thank you for helping to make it successful! We were very blessed to have come across [Arbutus Medical].”
Dr. Kelly Johnston MD, FRCSC
Chief, Division of Hip and Knee Reconstruction, Cumming School of Medicine, University of Calgary, Canada