Seller Experience Manager
Seller Experience Manager
Start date: Immediately
Title: Seller Experience Manager
Reporting to: Director of Seller Experience
Location: Nairobi, KE
Healthcare is a basic human right, wherever you live, but frontier market procurement of medical equipment is broken. The numbers illustrate this market failure. Low and middle income markets around the world represent a significant and rapidly growing medical equipment market – over $130 billion dollars, growing at 6% per year. Yet only 13% of medical equipment manufacturers have any presence in these markets. The result: healthcare providers do not have access to the tools they need to deliver quality healthcare to more than 5.8 billion people. In turn, medical equipment providers are missing out on the fastest growing segment of their target markets.
VIA is closing the gap between unmet demand in emerging economies and the medical device suppliers needing to reach global markets. By enabling access to the products that support quality healthcare, we have opened new opportunities for suppliers, while bringing critical, high-quality care to the world’s developing economies. To date, we have touched the lives of over 4 million people in 78 countries, solving for access inequities around the globe, and are changing how medical equipment is purchased.
VIA is a small but mighty team of ten and is growing quickly. In the last year, the number of products available through VIA’s online catalogue has nearly doubled and we expect to add five new people to our team within the next year. By Joining the team early in this exciting growth phase, you will have opportunities to grow in scope of work and responsibility as the company grows. VIA’s sellers team is responsible for evaluating and presenting products in VIA’s catalogue, developing and maintaining relationships with sellers (i.e. the suppliers or manufacturers of the medical products we sell), generating new value-added services for sellers outside of the sales of their products, and making the catalogue products available to our customers in the most accessible way. The sellers team needs a detail-oriented, self-motivated, and communicative team member to support the continued growth of the portfolio, manage key seller relationships, and maintain the product catalogue.
As the Seller Experience Manager, you will be responsible for: identifying and building strong working relationships with medical equipment manufacturers with a focus on African manufacturers, onboarding and presenting medical product information accurately and effectively, executing on order fulfillment, and responding to customer support tickets. You will liaise closely with colleagues in sales, marketing, platform, and logistics to accomplish your work.
Specifically, you will:
- Liaise directly with sellers to onboard new products onto the VIA platform and keep information up to date on existing products.
- Join conversations with prospective sellers and determine both if the seller is a good fit as a VIA partner and if their products meet VIA’s quality standards.
- Collaborate with marketing on launch and promotional plans for products.
- Collaborate with sales to understand buyers’ needs and improve customer service.
- Be involved in strategic planning for the development of seller services and evolution of our relationship management practices.
- Maintain and update the seller and product databases.
- Support internal process evolution towards more efficient and effective product information management.
- Draft content for product pages on the VIA site and manage basic page updates using Woocommerce and Coefficient.
- In collaboration with marketing and platform teams, use site data and customer research to optimize the product pages for conversions from page views to quote requests.
- Be involved with strategic planning for the expansion of the product catalogue.
- Engage with the sales and logistics teams at handoff of new orders and manage the order documentation throughout the fulfillment process.
You are passionate about equal access to healthcare and have 3-5 years of experience in relationship management, product management, or a related field. Preferably, you have experience working globally with international clients.
Specifically, you are:
- Passionate and mission driven. VIA’s aim is to improve access to quality healthcare throughout the world, and the passion for our mission is what drives us to succeed.
- Highly detail-oriented, disciplined, proactive, can work independently and is self-motivated.
- The successful candidate will be someone who can both think critically and deliver on task-oriented administration responsibilities; as a small company, there is opportunity for accelerated growth and a need for everyone to contribute to the administrative tasks.
- Strong written and spoken communication to represent the company in a professional manner.
- Enthusiastic to learn and take on a new challenge, and ready to work collaboratively with colleagues from across the globe.
- Open to and able to work in less structured environments. VIA is a rapidly growing startup, but does not yet have the structure and process of a more corporate environment.
- Previous experience does not need to be in the medical field or even in product or partnerships management, but be prepared to explain how your skills and experience will transition well to this role.
- The successful candidate works well when managed at the outcome level and has some professional experience.
This role is in the first round of hires to VIA’s Nairobi hub; as a core member of the team that will initiate our Nairobi office, you will be expected to contribute to building a culture of collaboration, humility, respect, innovation, and commitment; you will also have access to learning and leadership opportunities outside of your core role.
This is a full-time position located in Nairobi, KE. The position will be initially remote from the majority of the team who is currently based in South Africa, the US, and Canada. As we grow the Nairobi hub, this will become our headquarters location and you will work from the office with your Nairobi-based colleagues.
To learn more about VIA, please visit our site at viaglobalhealth.com.
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Location: Nairobi, Kenya
- Employee status: Full time contract, moving to full time employee once company’s Kenya registration is complete
- Title: Seller Experience Manager
- Salary to be offered commensurate with experience
How to apply:
Submit resume and cover letter with no more than 200 words explaining why you are a great fit for this position to [email protected]. Please use the subject line: “Seller Experience Manager Application – Your Name”.