Arbutus Drill Cover on the VIA Marketplace!
We are excited to announce the availability of the Arbutus Drill Cover on the VIA Marketplace!
The Arbutus Drill Cover enables surgeons to safely use a low-cost hardware drill within a clean surgical environment, allowing the use of a $100 drill in place of expensive $30,000 surgical drills. The device is autoclave sterilizable and reusable.
The Drill Cover has to date treated over 4,000 patients across a number of emerging markets as well as emergency relief situations, with resounding positive feedback from surgeons.
The robust surgical-grade textile, combined with a custom water-proof chuck adapter interface, maintains a completely sealed barrier between the non-sterile drill on the inside and the sterile surgical field outside.
- Al Jazeera: Featured on The Cure “Safe surgery innovations in Uganda”
- Al Jazeera: World Innovation Summit for Health, Qatar
- BBC News: Fixing bones with a household drill
- Global TV: Syrian relief organization praises Drill Cover impact
- Vancouver Sun: Front Page of Business Section, Arbutus featured as a Social Enterprise
- Toronto Star: Canadian drills revolutionize surgery in the developing world
- CBC Radio Canada Interview with CEO Florin Gheorghe
- Medgadget: Top medical device innovation blog
VIA Global Health joins partnership led by African Pandemic Response Alliance (APRA) and Save the Children to combat COVID-19 throughout Africa.
VIA has been working to address the COVID-19 outbreak globally, with a focus throughout Africa, by delivering critical preventive, diagnostic and treatment medical supplies throughout the pandemic. Now, in partnering with private organizations like African Pandemic...
VIA Global Health’s mission is to create universal access to the tools that enable quality healthcare, and with an emphasis on lower resource communities, we have now just passed yet another important milestone in that vision – positively impacting the lives of over...
Noah Perin Invited as Speaker at Devex ‘Prescription for Progress: Bringing Health Solutions to Scale’ Conference in February 2020.
VIA’s CEO, Noah Perin, will be joining a list of thought leaders in the health industry at the Devex ‘Prescription for Progress: Bringing Health Solutions to Scale’ conference on February 20, 2020 in San Francisco, representing the often overlooked but critical role...